This year’s Love Your Local Market initiative is running from 17th May – 31st May 2018. It is an annual campaign to provide a national spotlight for markets and seeks to attract new market traders. Halton Borough Council are working to put together a programme of events and activities at Widnes Market.
Also we look to celebrate the market as part of the local community. We do this by offering indoor market stalls at Widnes at nil cost during the two week period to community and voluntary sector groups. Previously we have had a pop up library, a community police stall and welfare reform advice stall. Would you like to be part of this year’s event? Maybe you could use this event as a platform to promote your own services and activities? Maybe your school, college or youth group could undertake a shoppers survey or run your own stall. All we ask you to do is advertise your activity and we can also help you to advertise your service/event to our Facebook and twitter followers.
Some ideas from other markets have included:-
- Small events to celebrate, a range of activities such as face painting, entertainment, competitions for local children
- A teenage market
- New business start-up clinic
- The clinic – a stall for Fire, Police, Health, Age Concern, Trading Standards housing providers etc. to promote their services/message
- Flash mob to launch campaign
- Craft market and Knit and Natter!
- Sustainable transport, bike marking/bus information
- Story telling
If you or your colleagues have any ideas you would like to discuss to see if we can take anything further please do get in touch with Deb Bromley 0151 511 8193 or Deb.Bromley@halton.gov.uk. Please note she works part-time. We look forward to hearing your ideas!. Please feel free to forward this email to a colleague who you feel may be better place to take any ideas forward.